Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

My First Project (help and advice requested)

mayo

Hi

After months of deliberation I have decided to give it a go and have found a donor cabinet to start my build (picture attached)

I have a i7 32gb pc with an ATI R9 graphics card and two screens.  A 42" hd tv for the play field and a 32" for the back glass.

My first questions are:-

Can I use the 32" vertically and use it for the marquee and for the dmd display?   Some of the screen would be covered up as it will go into the base of the cabinet.  I take it that the software would allow me to position it.

Also, the R9 is a great graphics card.  Can I run both displays from it but displaying different bits?

What is the best operating system to boot up and run hyperpin automatically?

Any other advice would be most gratefully received 

Thanks in advance.

Simon

post-20446-0-83844700-1429446423_thumb.jpg

hi mayo welcome to the forums...

you can use a vertical display for the backglass and dmd, quite a few people have done this in the past, just check back through some of the builds in this forum.

the R9 shouldn't have any problems with running the 2 screens in the configuration you require.

run windows 7 (or 8 if you like) for the o/s and put the hyperpin shortcut into the startup directory.

shelling windows 7 can be done (hiding all of the tell tale signs of windows) , just google for some examples..

i myself removed the startup (starting windows 7 screen out) but kept the windows interface (in case i need to make changes later) i just made custom backbox and playfield screens to match the rest of my pin.

using an ssd the system boots into hyperpin so fast you hardly even get to see them.

i hope this helps.

any other questions please feel free to ask..

Archived