Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSpin 1.4 Beta

BadBoyBill

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Native 16:9 hasn't been added - maybe in v2.0 with any luck. However, there are a few people creating and converting widescreen themes and compressing them to 4:3 so they look correct when stretched out to 1920x1080.

MAybe the wrong place but are the follow bugs fixed with this version

Alpha gets a delay. I'd like to see a delay adjustment, I'd prefer 2 sec before the wheel art fades away. I don't want mine to always display and in its current state the alpha fades near immediately with is kind of frantic

For systems with fewer then 24 games like the jaguar, when you press left or right to find a letter, the letters don't appear unless ur xml has at least 24 games I believe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Took a look at the beta 1.4 with the Aeon Nox skin.  Very nice.  Really like it's uncluttered, quieter design and not being blasted from my chair with Flash bombs all the time.  I have a question: can the horizontially scrolling text speed we get during the main menu that gives info on the various console systems be adjusted from any config option?  It crawls across the screen way too slowly.  Also nice to not have the hyperspinning 360 Controller bug though if I don't use xpadder the D-pad tends to skip over items when I'm trying to go slow,  one-click, one item at a time.  Now I just need some decent 16:9 wheel art and box covers.  My existing art looks squat & fat.  Are these available in the download section here?  I saw a topic about it here but didn't see any direct download links.  Or is there a way to have it auto-switch back to 4:3 when we get to the system wheels?

Not sure if this is the place but can the new version recognize jump letters if less than 26 games? Say I have 10 games and one with the first 10 letters of the alphabet. If you hold left or right the letters will never display. I think the letters should always display as long as there is at least one game. Letters meaning only display the letters that correspond with the games. This isn't meaning show all 26 letters all the time rather show available letters if you have fewer than 26 games in general

Also I'd like to see the alpha wheel have an adjustable delay so you can enjoy the wheel art for a second more or two before it goes invisible. It's nice to nog keep the wheel displaying but want to also see the wheel a big longer before it goes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Took a look at the beta 1.4 with the Aeon Nox skin.  Very nice.  Really like it's uncluttered, quieter design and not being blasted from my chair with Flash bombs all the time.  I have a question: can the horizontially scrolling text speed we get during the main menu that gives info on the various console systems be adjusted from any config option?  It crawls across the screen way too slowly.  Also nice to not have the hyperspinning 360 Controller bug though if I don't use xpadder the D-pad tends to skip over items when I'm trying to go slow,  one-click, one item at a time.  Now I just need some decent 16:9 wheel art and box covers.  My existing art looks squat & fat.  Are these available in the download section here?  I saw a topic about it here but didn't see any direct download links.  Or is there a way to have it auto-switch back to 4:3 when we get to the system wheels?

I originally lent Dark the scrolling text for Nox. Bill changed something in the newer betas that causes the scrolling text to go ALOT slower than 1.3. I'm using a different theme that uses the scrolling text and have noticed it crawls now, the only thing that could most likely remedy it is the text animation need to be re imported in Flash and the frame rate needs to be adjusted and then re exported so it looks correct in 1.4.

Took a look at the beta 1.4 with the Aeon Nox skin.  Very nice.  Really like it's uncluttered, quieter design and not being blasted from my chair with Flash bombs all the time.  I have a question: can the horizontially scrolling text speed we get during the main menu that gives info on the various console systems be adjusted from any config option?  It crawls across the screen way too slowly.  Also nice to not have the hyperspinning 360 Controller bug though if I don't use xpadder the D-pad tends to skip over items when I'm trying to go slow,  one-click, one item at a time.

I hadn't noticed before. On 1.4.015 scrolling text seems a bit slower. Not UNBEARABLY slow on my q6600 but definitely slower. On a core I it should be faster... what hardware are you using? Making those scrolling text is a REAL nightmare just as trnzaddict advised me. In case I'll fix them when 1.4 will be released.

@trnzaddict

You are meaning manually changing keyframing on the .fla, right? BBB told me with current "engine" there is NO WAY hyperspin will respect the given .swf framerate :P

I hadn't noticed before. On 1.4.015 scrolling text seems a bit slower. Not UNBEARABLY slow on my q6600 but definitely slower. On a core I it should be faster... what hardware are you using? Making those scrolling text is a REAL nightmare just as trnzaddict advised me. In case I'll fix them when 1.4 will be released.

@trnzaddict

You are meaning manually changing keyframing on the .fla, right? BBB told me with current "engine" there is NO WAY hyperspin will respect the given .swf framerate :P

Yea, that's what I was implying, changing the keyframe rate on the .fla. If HS ignores the framerate of a swf file now, then I really don't know how to get the text faster, I know it's not a processor issue on my end either.

Might want to ask Bill if there is a way around this cause Azurica is screwed up now as well.

I hadn't noticed before. On 1.4.015 scrolling text seems a bit slower. Not UNBEARABLY slow on my q6600 but definitely slower. On a core I it should be faster... what hardware are you using? :P

An Intel 3.8GHz i5-3570K quad-core.  Yes, it would be nice if somehow the scrolling speed could be sped up somewhat or made adjustable.  I really love the inteface otherwise.   

I've got hyperspin set as startup program in windows xp, but the first time it starts, it always freezes.

If I then terminate the process manually and restart, it works...

Mine was doing the same thing. It would start and if i let it idle for like 30 seconds it would freeze. Even if i went into a sub menu and let it sit, it would still freeze after about 30 seconds at idle. what fixed it for me was i let it freeze up and I checked the proccess's that were running and i noticed that my catalyst control center thing was using alot of memory, once i shut it down hyperspin resumed.. since i disabled it now hyperspin runs perfect ..no freezing.. maybe this could help someone

• 3 weeks later...

Mine was doing the same thing. It would start and if i let it idle for like 30 seconds it would freeze. Even if i went into a sub menu and let it sit, it would still freeze after about 30 seconds at idle. what fixed it for me was i let it freeze up and I checked the proccess's that were running and i noticed that my catalyst control center thing was using alot of memory, once i shut it down hyperspin resumed.. since i disabled it now hyperspin runs perfect ..no freezing.. maybe this could help someone

How do you disable it?

Archived