Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Mame 152 roms to work with mame 160

iPenguin02

So I have some mame 152 roms, but i notice the latest version of mame is 160. How do I get it to work? I keep reading about updating the roms, but no guide on what I need and what is the exact process. Please help.

When I try to play the roms with mame 160 i get an error regarding no chd and no artwork...

Normally ROMsets need to match the version of MAME that you are running.  If your ROMs are 152 then you need to run MAME 152.  If you want to run MAME 160; then you need to update your ROMs to match using CLRMamePro.

Normally ROMsets need to match the version of MAME that you are running.  If your ROMs are 152 then you need to run MAME 152.  If you want to run MAME 160; then you need to update your ROMs to match using CLRMamePro.

Am i simply looking for a program names CLRMamePro? if/when i find it is it pretty straight forward?

CLRMamePro is the name of the program that audits ROM's.  It is NOT straight forward and has a very large learning curve, but it really is an app that everyone in this hobby needs to learn if they want to get the most and stay updated.

Archived