Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Download Section Woes

Circo

I want to get this out there quickly, and I really hate to admit this. I messed up the download section, it was me, im sorry, begin the throwing of tomatoes. It's not catastrophic, but it sets us behind a few weeks. We were getting to a pretty good point on the build out with this new site and I wanted to reimport the old site as there were a few bugs with the old import. I accidentally clicked the wrong option (reconfigure) and it wiped the files database. I am jumping back into repopulation mode and will start with the most important stuff first.

HUGE apologies to baddeolv, sub-zero, ninja2bceen, and the theme contributors from the last few weeks.

It may be way too much to ask but if the recent themes can be resubmitted I can promise this will not happen again. Hopefully soon we can look back at this as a growing pain from this huge move.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super sad face, so there is no way to recover it?

Oops! Something went wrong!

Conversion in process

Need Help?

Our help documentation

Contact the community administrator

English (USA) Mark Community Read Contact Us Help Community Forum Software by IP.Board

Licensed to: HyperSpin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes please check. Uploaded 47 tools in the last two days. Not sure if I have the stamina for that again in the same time period [emoji24]

I have it closed at the moment, but if you dont want to do it again im sorry, ugh i wanna rage quit.

Certainly happy to help still just not sure I can go crazy and get it all up in a short period. I might need a few days to forget the pain but can you check what nimpa is saying? The server admin may have a one day backup?

Certainly happy to help still just not sure I can go crazy and get it all up in a short period. I might need a few days to forget the pain but can you check what nimpa is saying? The server admin may have a one day backup?

I'm the server admin, there are backups but not daily, thats about to change......

You did great work, I had just finished cleaning it up and finalizing. I have to get all of the base media re added. 3 weeks worth of work. I feel your pain.

Maybe the posts will still be there but the download won't work? Half the battle was to get descriptions etc. I do t know much about website storage but is there any sort of disaster recovery software? How is the data stored? Cloud, harddrive etc?

Posts are there, descriptions should be a breeze. Screenshots and files are missing.

On a brighter note, the benefit of resetting up the section with some hindsight, Its going to be better than it was. Just added alphabetical sorting, and changing how we handled the base packs.

i have about 90 + prosent of the download section already backed up on my harddrive i think im mostly missing the 3rd party apps i could upload it somwhwere for an admin to upload to download section if that helps ?

its 3359 files  and 11.7 gb

edit...

and 28 3rd party apps in that pack not sure how many missing

hehe ok

here is the list off apps that i have in that pack

AutoKustom BETA-2 20150506
Bulk Image Converter
Dat-O-Matic Dat File Parser
Fat Match Media Renamer
Files 2 Folders Batch Program
Fotosizer
Game genie app
Game Information Scraping (MobySharp) (MobySharp v1.0.0.0)
HSBezel
Hyper Helper
HyperSpeech Text-to-speech addon for HyperSpin 1.x 1-v9
HyperSpin XBMC Plugin
HyperXMLspin
Idle Volume Adjuster
Instant Sheller 0.8
Mapping the X360 Guide Button - Executable + Source Code
Res-o-matic 5.1
Simple Wheel Creator
Steam wheel creator app
UberNES Screensaver
7zip Batch Compression 0.3.2.7z
DrizzleZip.zip
MESS 2 HyperSpin XML v0.1.zip
Random Intro Video.7z
RomFolderCleaner.zip
Tur-Matcher 1.3.zip

they are only 26 as i cant find 2 files on my hardisk jumpsyles mame and mess build 64bit

Archived