Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

FAQ: Why would you want to replace your cab PC with an Android thing? What's the benefit in that?

reznnate

I'm curious. Why would you want to replace your cab PC with an Android thing? What's the benefit in that?

These are MY reasons and they may not apply to everyone.  :-)

1.  I already have a PC-based cabinet with CRT but wanted to build another.

2.  Android is evolving into a great platform for emulation AND great arcade-style games

3.  I want to leave this cabinet on 24-7 and have it wake instantly when I have time for one game of Donkey Kong.  

4.  My electricity bill SUCKS so low power in this case matters to me.  I am using an LCD that sleeps too.   I have a separate switch for the lighting, etc.

5.  I have HDMI, USB, and power connectors in easy to access spot so I can disconnect and take it with me.

6.  Small size for mini bartop (someday).

7.  Can stream my PC games to it (but probably won't)

8.  Can stream GRID games to it (and probably will ... 

)

• 2 weeks later...

I tried streaming hyperspin to my shield tablet but couldn't get the shield controller to work with it. any ideas how to get that working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw someone do it on YouTube and they used a gamepad profiler. Specifically he used xpadder. I'm assuming you can use other ones.

In a nutshell, if you want to STREAM PC hyperspin, you need to navigate the UI with a game controller.   If you can get an XB360 game controller working on Windows, then it should stream properly as well.

Archived