Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Best micro-console for Android emulation?

reznnate

Just ordered a shield tv pro, Looking forward to using Hyperspin for android.

You preorder it or buy it? Only option available for the Pro is to preorder it since the Pro version doesn't come out until June.....

You preorder it or buy it? Only option available for the Pro is to preorder it since the Pro version doesn't come out until June.....

Pre-order, ship date on my invoice is june 2nd so not that far off.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my shield tv.  Went through the basic setup for NES and copied it to the root of the device. But when I run hyperspin the screen flashes then goes back to the main menu.  Anyone got this working on the tv console yet?

It works well with the Shield TV.  Does your data setup work on PC as well?

It does, but I just realized that HS on pc will still work without the Front-end and main menu media folders.  I removed those folders to slim down the HS install on my shield tv, added them back and now its running fine.  Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for replying! If my friend has this on a 2 terabyte drive running on pc am I gonna run into complications going from computer to shield using his exact set-up? I suppose it depends on whether his pc emulators are compatible with android. Im new to this so youll have to excuse any stupid questions but I really want to get this running! The shield is already blowing my mind with its capabilities. With hyperspin going it will be an all in one entertainment center. Definitely want to build an arcade cabinet with this in it! Thanks again for your help.

That 2TB drive setup should work fine (assuming the Android emulators are available) with some additions.

I have an additional dbase file on my setup called Main Menu_Android.xml that defines a subset of wheels for Android.

You'll want to add a folder Settings_Android with the .ini settings that define rompath, rom extension and emulator/launch details (exe=, param=).

In theory, that should be the extent of it.

Is there anywhere to download a pre configured setup for android including games? Idk about the rules of mentioning roms in here so I'm sorry if I'm out of place. All of this is a little beyond me and I would prefer to purchase a plug n play solution or simply download it onto my own drive.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

All of the plug-in play methods are frowned upon at this time.   With many rom sets being considered abandonware on archive.org, it is my goal to make coordination with those collections easy.    It's time consuming though.    In the meantime, this is more of a hobby than a download.    The process of learning and setup is frustrating at first but then a ton of fun.

• 3 months later...

I have been looking into the ODROID XU4. It's around $70 and can run 3d emus like psp at 4x internal resolution.

It seems to be the cheapest micro form factor android power house atm.

I've been looking seriously at the ODROID too. I'm waiting anxiously for the day when Hyperspin is supported across more android platforms.

I've been looking seriously at the ODROID too. I'm waiting anxiously for the day when Hyperspin is supported across more android platforms.

I have been also looking at the intel computstick and the new asus vivostick. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived