Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperspin and Mame 0.162

gunit

Hi guys

I have been checking out some older setup guides for mame and have read up on the latest release 0.162. For some reason hypersync will not organise all the media for mame in the correct folders so I am manual doing this  ( game video is taking ages!!!!!). I have the latest 0.162 emulator and roms T7Z merged but not sure on the correct way of setting this all up.

What would you recommend ? any guides already on the net to setup mame 0.162 for rocketlauncher and hyperspin ?

using:-

Hyperspin v1.3.2.0

Rocketlauncher v1.0.0.2

Hypersync v3.5.0.30

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The difference between merged and split is that all games have their own files, even clones.

Let's say you want to launch a rather obscure version of 1942 called 1942x. It's just a modified version of 1942.

- In the merged set, 1942x contains only modified files from 1942's archive.

- In the split set, 1942x contains all files from 1942's archive, even those not modified.

The split set is bigger because many files are actually duplicated among roms. It's not very optimized but easier to organize. 

What if I want just 1 clean version of 1942 and none of the other crap ? :no:

Also could anyone give advice on my original question ?

I think what they're saying is that the merged set you have doesn't match to the official MAME database and Module that Hyperspin/HyperlaunchHQ/Rocketlauncher uses. So the best thing to do would be to switch to the split version so that it matches and Hypersync works etc...

You can use the merged rom set with Hyperspin/rocketlauncher combo.

In rocketlauncherUI, under Mame, go to Settings (green gear icon) -> Main Settings Tab -> settings and set Skip Checks to Rom Only.

This will allow you to use a merged set with Hyperspin without any issues.

As far as art/videos are concerned, i just grab the whole wheel and video set off of the FTP and place them into my folder. I haven't encountered any problems yet.

Thanks Itrocks77 I shall do this. any guides out there on setting the larest version of mame up with hyperspin ? or just use an old as its kind of the same process.

There isn't a huge difference between the mame versions. I would make sure your roms setup to match the mame version using Clrmamepro (see guide http://www.mameworld.info/easyemu/clrmameguide/clrmame-guide.html. I would try and use the latest hyperspin database too. I don't think that there is a 162 database out yet. You should be fine with 99% of roms if you use the latest database and have the roms named correctly.

Can I not download a mame set that has already been checked and is 100% ?

I was under the impression that that's exactly what the official, torrent-zipped versions were. Checked and 100%

I can't tell if he's implying that isn't the case or not....

Ok so unfortunately after spending alot of time trying to get mame to work and download numerous emulators and roms for the latest set I give up! cry! I just want a nice clean set :(

I decided to follow Simply Austin 2 part guide for 0.153 but my big problem now is trying to get the roms which seem impossible to get

What do you think guys ?

1. Download and use Jumpstiles version of MAMEUIFX found on this site here: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/9277-mameuifx/

Follow the setup instructions in the link.

2. Then Download the 162 torrent-zipped split (not merged) rom set and the 162 torrent-zipped CHD set (which I believe only comes merged).

Place these roms in a roms folder wherever you want (for example my MAME is in my Hyperspin emulators folder on C:, but my roms are in a folder called Roms 162 on H:). Then point MAME, HyperHQ, HyperlaunchHQ/Rocketlauncher all to the correct roms folder and set the MAME system/emulator paths in HLHQ RocketLauncher to your MAME exe.

EDIT: I forgot to mention don't even bother with 153. 160, 161 and 162 are far better especially with all the new HLSL/GLSL settings. Hell 162 is waaaaaay better than even 160.

The 153 in his video is simply an older version of the 162 in the link I gave you above.

Archived