Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

my attempt at hyperspin

Boomslangnz

Hi guys,

over the past 7 months ive been working on Hyperspin, as you know its a huge job. Im starting to come towards the end as things finally seem to be running near perfect. The thing I properly do differently to most is I include Xbox 360 and PS3 consoles but I think its worked out pretty good. Ive recently installed a marquee screen and got that up and running with hyperspin too, still needs some work done around the monitor itself and a big paint job etc but its playable for now.

Xbox is turned on via IR commands and ftp to load games whilst PS3 is controlled via IR only

Marquee will show Marquee image or else it will use wheel image, I haven't actually got marquee images yet so just uses wheel images for now

check it out

Thanks guys, Xbox 360 work was a bit tricky.

I have a jtag Xbox(modded) so I got some FTP commands and tried to load game from pc...it worked!

So I got a program called event ghost and got a IR blaster kit and got the Xbox 360 remote codes to turn it on, I made it send ir when batch file ran (Hyperspin loads batch file when I select game). For the controls I actually have 12v relays and got the power which switches the coil from Xbox 360 DVD drive(switches controls from pc to Xbox), I used xbox madcatz fight pads as the pcbs. I used a simple 4 port hdmi switch to change the video as it changes when it detects new signal and goes back when you switch it off and sound just comes off tv headphone jack

To achieve marquee images, I did the ledblinky hack which works great mostly. Will use marquee image but if it doesn't have one it will show wheel image ( I haven't got any proper marquee images yet so just uses wheel image for now. Hardest thing was when it loads Xbox or ps3 it changes to them and my marquee monitor would switch to primary which would show Hyperspin menu while on Xbox/ps3 game, to get around this I made both of them force close Hyperspin so you only see background image which shows marquee properly, when I turn Xbox/ps3 off and it loads big screen as primary again, I made event ghost start up Hyperspin again so it's all automatic

Hope that makes sense, typed it all out on my iPhone!

Thanks guys, Xbox 360 work was a bit tricky.

I have a jtag Xbox(modded) so I got some FTP commands and tried to load game from pc...it worked!

So I got a program called event ghost and got a IR blaster kit and got the Xbox 360 remote codes to turn it on, I made it send ir when batch file ran (Hyperspin loads batch file when I select game). For the controls I actually have 12v relays and got the power which switches the coil from Xbox 360 DVD drive(switches controls from pc to Xbox), I used xbox madcatz fight pads as the pcbs. I used a simple 4 port hdmi switch to change the video as it changes when it detects new signal and goes back when you switch it off and sound just comes off tv headphone jack

To achieve marquee images, I did the ledblinky hack which works great mostly. Will use marquee image but if it doesn't have one it will show wheel image ( I haven't got any proper marquee images yet so just uses wheel image for now. Hardest thing was when it loads Xbox or ps3 it changes to them and my marquee monitor would switch to primary which would show Hyperspin menu while on Xbox/ps3 game, to get around this I made both of them force close Hyperspin so you only see background image which shows marquee properly, when I turn Xbox/ps3 off and it loads big screen as primary again, I made event ghost start up Hyperspin again so it's all automatic

Hope that makes sense, typed it all out on my iPhone!

Amazing work ! thanks for the info - sounds a little bit out of my reach !! think I will get as far as the ps2 and leave it there !

Hi guys,

over the past 7 months ive been working on Hyperspin, as you know its a huge job. Im starting to come towards the end as things finally seem to be running near perfect. The thing I properly do differently to most is I include Xbox 360 and PS3 consoles but I think its worked out pretty good. Ive recently installed a marquee screen and got that up and running with hyperspin too, still needs some work done around the monitor itself and a big paint job etc but its playable for now.

Xbox is turned on via IR commands and ftp to load games whilst PS3 is controlled via IR only

Marquee will show Marquee image or else it will use wheel image, I haven't actually got marquee images yet so just uses wheel images for now

check it out

Very cool.... What size is your main screen? I like the LG2900S you have on top... I picked up a couple of those when they were giving them away on ebay with plans to do something similar...

Getting 360 and PS3 hooked up to that just blows my mind... if you ever find the time you should make a tutorial so people like me can pull that off. Are the number of games limited by the console HD or are they stored on the PC somehow?

Screen size is a 32" one which I find perfect

PS3 is not hacked or anything, to get that working I brought the ps3 Logitech harmony remote device which controls ps3 via Bluetooth but device itself takes any IR signal. For that I actually used the pc games module and made it think its loading a exe file (which it is but it's an exe which does nothing), then got event ghost to run macro depending on what exe got run. After boot up time it simply moves down certain many times then starts game all via IR blaster. So each game has slightly different IR commands depending where it is in menu.

Currently I only use ps3 sharpshooter with move etc for the light guns and only have light gun games on ps3, I just got games off psn store so they download onto console. I can use ps3 will joysticks etc too as I have Xbox 360-ps3 converters will work great but I don't really bother, light gun keeps me happy

I've actually got a post on here outlining how I did all this on Xbox 360 (before I added marquee though)

If you want to do what I did for ps3 it's real easy to do

I can show exactly what I did, you will need a IR remote kit with blaster and the Logitech ps3 device though

Thanks alot too guys, I was a little scared to show it off thinking most would think its crap, but seems quite opposite infact.

I'll repost what I posted elsewhere a month or so ago, might explain it slightly better

If anyone needs help just ask away, I'm happy to share.

*this is for Xbox 360*

-For my video switching I went a cheap route but it works perfectly, a simple 4 port HDMI switch. It will automatically change input upon xbox turning on and will switch back to pc once xbox is turned off

-sound is from headphone point on back of tv so just plays whatever is on screen

-controls is the tricky point, I went for madcatz fight pads and ripped out pcbs for the fact that I can then be using left stick, d pad or the right stick (it will be an analog signal but still works fine), I have 3 way toggle switch for each player (4 player cab) to choose left stick, d pad or right stick usage (important as alot of games only work with left stick etc), its important not to have usb plugged into pc and xbox at once or you can fry the boards with double voltage etc, to get around this I installed 4 port NO NC 12v dc relays (i think americans call these dpdt relays or something), I opened my xbox console and joined into the power cable for dvd player to get 12v dc which went onto coil side of relay to switch from pc to xbox and back (kinda helps a little that im a electrician but this should be easy to do for most), need 1 relay per player.

-then I made batch files which ftp into xbox and load up specified game

-I also got a IR remote kit and IR Blaster, stuck ir blaster onto xbox and using a program called eventghost I made it so when command prompt loads (to run batch file), it sends remote codes through blaster onto xbox, thus turning the console on.

so simply put, Choose game through hyperspin, blaster turns on xbox, which changes input on hdmi switch, relay kicks in changes controls to xbox,sound comes on via tv headphone point, batch file is still open (closes by itself eventually) and its trying to connect to xbox, eventually will connect once xbox is far enough through starting up and ftp loads up game....then your all set.

pretty much automatic loading etc

Archived