Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HELP!! RetroArch sending me crazy!!

egatimra

Ok, so, ive finally sat down, and setup my Hyperspin on my Shield.

​Ive got a theme loaded, ive got videos and artwork, and ive got my roms.

My Roms are on a Nas but Hyperspin sees them.

The real issue come with Retro Arch! For some reason it simply hits a default CFG every single time I try and load from Hyperspin.

Ive followed the advice that Ive seen "thatman84" post and I know he knows what hes talking about but I simply cant get Hyperspin to work.

If I load retro arch without HS I cant configure the Directorys etc and setup my cores.  Then each time I enter RA it works as id expect

However if I load via HS I get the default config.  Now I can change the settings while in this and then play game but if I come out and go back in...... Its back to default.

I think its something to do with the default paths being /data/data but I cant seem to find these (guessing they are locked away) but I'm simpy now going crazy! I know once I resolve for one system (Genesis) The others will fall into play...... perhaps I'm missing something silly.... and need a step by step instruction, although as mentioned I have used most of thatman89's posts.

So there you go......HELP!!!!

LOL

Here I am again!! Hopefully this one will work for you. (just jumped on to do a vid for this but controller is messing about, 1st time I had that!!)

If you are using a new RetroArch build then they dont use per core configs anymore. Just overrides. I believe you can save overrides from within the menus now. I think it creates a folder in the config directory named similar to the core (Maybe Genesis Plus GX for example) In that folder is the cfg file named the same with just the lines of config that differ from how your retroarch.cfg file is setup. (I have not bothered to upgrade

Just confirm for yourself Genesis is setup in RetroArch AND for the same core that is launched by the HS parameter= line in the ini

Check you have a retroarch cfg file for that core in your config directory (mine is sdcard/RetroArch/config/genesis_plus_gx_libretro_android.so.cfg)

OR your override structure is there. Either should work

Check you have Save on Exit enabled under settings-configuration

so now launch a genesis game in HS.

bring up the retroarch menu

back out of quick menu

go to setings->directory

change it to point to the default config directory. (sdcard/rtroarch/config)

back out to the menu where load content is and hit Save Current config

go and resume game. wait a bit and go back in and check

DONT quit retroarch with a hotkey.

go back into menu and then Quit via the retroarch option

see if that works.

if not

load ANY game from any retroarch core by launching from hyperspin

go into menu and close game.

now go and change the directory then save then quit via menu

see if that works

IF not try this!

open retroarch outside of hyperspin

go to settings->directory

change this to the root directory by using "Application Dir" heading then "<use this directory>" straight away

now go out to the main menu

hit "Load Configuration" (this takes you to Root and the retroarch.cfg that HS uses

Scroll down and load retroarch.cfg

Now go back into settings->directory

again change the config directory to where your configs are

go back and save CURRENT

quit and launch from HS

If none of those work Your screwed or im Shite!!

hope that helps

Haha figured you'd reply your hyperspin senses must have been tingling

I'm use the store build 3.6 something I think or 3 something 6. Anyways I'll wipe that from box, and the retroarch folder that is created on root of drive. Then I'll go through your steps above. It's so close this is the last bit, once this works I can crack on with other systems and polish up the art stuff etc..... oh you were right about those cinematic themes, for the main menu, they are spot on, could do with finding similar now for when you select the system so any ideas holla back!

Your good with play store version 1.3.6 that's what I use.

Ignore the override stuff

In settings->configuration

Have per core config ON

Load overrides OFF

Load a game from HS

Change the directory to the one that's listed in directories when launched outside of HS

Save and that should be it

Cinematic are cool man

Not sure on system themes. I'm thinking of creating a global default one maybe so not been to bothered really

looks like im screwed..... an changes i make seem to revert back to default config.... if i take an over lay off, etc i load back up a game.... over lay is there. i load outside of HS and it works as id expect?

ok.....now seems like I'm not screwed..... but don't seem to know why....... I'm gonna finish the setup and see what happens

looks like im screwed..... an changes i make seem to revert back to default config.... if i take an over lay off, etc i load back up a game.... over lay is there. i load outside of HS and it works as id expect?

ok.....now seems like I'm not screwed..... but don't seem to know why....... I'm gonna finish the setup and see what happens

Sounds like it's not saving the path to the right directory. Double check the config directory path in retroarch only, then Hyperspin.

Archived