Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

(Project) Gamejunky Cab

Imagamejunky

Hi guys.

I've been working on a new project build and thought I would start sharing my progress. This is a HUGE arcade cabinet with a high end PC and I'm super excited. I'm sure some people will not approve because of it's size and that's cool. I will keep you guys posted along the way.

Junky

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the main body with the removable upper body on top. The upper body will house the ultrawide dynamic marquee monitor and speakers. I designed this cab to be modular with a removable CP and upper body so I can fit it in my house :)

The overall dimensions are 95" tall by 65.5" wide. Yes it's big

post-71051-142870671374_thumb.jpg

What games you planning on that monster? Mame or current? If mame, are you concerned with graphics quality on a display that large?

All arcade emulators, console emulators, and pc games that I can get my hands on. I will hook up my Ps4 and Xbox one also. So far I've set up many emulators on this pc and I'm real happy with the 60" tv. And yes as we all know the graphics aren't great on the old games. But having the big screen is a benefit, not a hinderence in my opinion. For example the vertical games look fantastic and big ��. And the bezels look great too. House of the dead 3 looks great!

I built the cab so that the edge of the control panel is 31" away from the screen so there is a little distance between my eyes and the tv.

Junky

Very Nice. I avoided any consoles that rely heavily on an analog joystick, as they did not work well in the cab. So no Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, playstation 1 or newer. Have you tested with these systems or how are you overcoming the limitations?

Very Nice. I avoided any consoles that rely heavily on an analog joystick, as they did not work well in the cab. So no Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, playstation 1 or newer. Have you tested with these systems or how are you overcoming the limitations?

Right now I have U360's that I was planning to use for P1 & P2. They work well but I think I prefer the feel of a mechanically limited joystick with switches better. I may sell them and use servo sticks instead. If I don't use them then I can use xbox360 controllers for the emulators that need analog.

Junky

Archived